About Turning Point™ Institute Counselling and Psychotherapy Studies
Turning Point™ Institute (TPI) was established in 2001 and evolved out of a recognition by the Founders that not only was there a huge need for a range of Psychotherapy/Counselling services, but also for the development of associated education and professional standards.
Today, TPI provides a range of educational programs including its flagship MSc programme. This 4 Year part-time MSc in Integrative Counselling and Psychotherapy is run at the Institute’s premises at 23 Herbert Street, Dublin 2 and is validated and awarded by University College Cork.
Other courses include a Diploma in Supervision for Healthcare Professionals, a Foundation Course in Counselling and Psychotherapy, and a range of Continuing Professional Development Programmes. Such is the calibre of the training provided that its MSc degree is validated by a National University and is accredited/recognized by the main professional and accrediting bodies in Ireland and Europe. (See Training Institute)
Operating Values and Teaching Ethos
The Directors and Faculty at Turning Point™ Institute (TPI) hold the belief that the values and ethos necessary to train individuals to a level of clinical competence as Counsellors/Psychotherapists are as follows:
- Life- long learning is central to individual and professional development
- Co-creation of a learning environment by staff and adult students is fundamental
- Development and maintenance of a supportive and challenging environment for students
- Open communication and constructive feedback between students and the teaching faculty at TPI
TPI offers a variety of professional training courses, including:
- 4 Year part-time MSc in Integrative Counselling and Psychotherapy, 4 Years, Part-time. Validated by University College Cork – Commencing October 2020
- Diploma in Supervision for Healthcare Professionals – Commencing January 2020
- Foundation Course in Counselling/Psychotherapy which runs several times throughout the year.
- For further information contact Geraldine Green, Registrar, Tel: 01/2801603 or Email: firstname.lastname@example.org